One of your Biggest Fears as an Entrepreneur

"You are only as good as your Employees" This statement could hold greater value that it does for me today. The caliber of your staff is a direct reflect of you, your weaknesses, your strengths and your failures. If they succeed you will give them the credit cause you know they put their hearts and souls into it. And if they fail you will be standing right there in front of them to shelter them from the storm.

But when you are starting out I you have your first employee they are more like your partners than an employee. They get vested in and every small victory and failure is celebrated and fretted upon together. But at the end of the day the company is your baby and sometimes (very rarely) they stick around till the end. But more often than not they move on to better prospects, opportunities etc.

Never place all your eggs in one basket. Divide the responsibilities and have a cohesive area for all your important data but most importantly remember that their success is also a reflection of YOU!

Your employees are only as good as their boss is. You are the common factor and while sometimes you feel dependent most of the times you don't realise they look to you for direction.

So this is what I did:

1. I created a friendly work environment where everyone and anyone can come and sit at my desk from my office boys to my managers.
2. Professionalism like being presentable, punctuality and kindness when speaking to others was a priority.
3. Acknowledge every victory and coach through every mistake.

When I started this company I felt like a fish out of fresh water. Today I can't live without getting to work by 8 am.

Its because I realised that its a two way street and I worked hard to make such an environment.

So Don't discount your efforts! You are the star of the show! so stand in the spot light and own it for it is yours to marvel in!

SMILE, BREATH and GO SLOWLY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sweet Moment!

When is it time to Quit

When Your Support System Malfunctions!