The Annoying Client

I am an event planner. I party for a living. I get to be creative and use my imagination. I get to make people happy and create wonderful memories for them that will last a life time. I am the MAGICIAN behind the scenes.

I love my job. My clients; well most of them; are sweet and leave you alone. But sometimes you get this one annoying client, that has a love chat with you once in the morning and once before you go to bed like a overly attached boyfriend who needs to know where and what you are doing at every waking moment.

So you humour them once, twice, thrice! and then it starts to get to you a little bit. But you realise that it comes with the territory so take a seat back and go with the flow. But then you are sitting at the fag end of a deadline and nothing is decided and everytime you meet everything changes. So how can you plan? I ask myself I am an event planner but pulling an elephant out of hat is not gonna happen without the required planning!

Then you have the other vendors that promise them the world and then when it comes to delivery they can't deliver. So how do you hedge? How do you pull the elephant out of the hat? Its all about the illusion! I make it look like the elephant has been pulled out of the hat when in reality I make him walk in. For this to happen we as event planners don't sleep, run around the entire night, yell at every living soul but at the end PPUUFFF and Presto! we did it!

I realised one thing.... People want their special day to be unique and special and they rely on you to do that. So who are you to throw a fit and create a tantrum. Instead calm breath and explain the discrepancies. Cause more often than not they can't visualise the space and the elements in it. Thats where we come in. The MAGICIANS!

We make the impossible; possible! We are the team that puts a smile on your face! I am your MAGICIAN!

So let the panic, mayhem and craziness to us and you just

SMILE, BREATH and GO SLOWLY!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sweet Moment!

When is it time to Quit

When Your Support System Malfunctions!