You Are The Most Important Person In Your Life!

"Be 100% committed to anything you do." This is something we have grown up hearing from our parents, teachers etc. We hence, tend to over commit. We give so much of ourselves to aspects of our lives be it our companies, parents, friends, relationships etc. So when things don't work out we get so disheartened it almost destroys us sometimes. Is it worth it I ask?

Someone recently told me "You are the most important person to you, everyone else comes a close second." This shocked me! What are you telling me that my parents, my to be husband, my work isn't suppose to come before me. Isn't that being selfish. No! Thats exactly what it doesn't mean. This doesn't mean I am insensitive or aloof. It means I take care of myself first so that I can take care of others when needed. I will still be there physically and mentally and our relationship; whatever it maybe; will still exists but I will be a more secure me mentally. So you get the best version of me, because this is what my loved ones deserve.

Still this didn't make sense to me at all. So I probed a bit a longer and pondered this weekend till this made sense to me. This is what I learnt this weekend. The only thing constant in everyone's life is change. We as individuals have to evolve over time in order to enter the next phase of our lives. The only way we can take the journey that is life is if we put ourselves ahead of everyone else. You can't be expected to share nurturing relationships with others if you yourself are in turmoil.

If everyone took care of themselves first then most of the misunderstandings amongst colleagues, business associates or personal relationships wouldn't happen because the communication would be clear. There would be no ambiguity.

Taking a decision like this is the toughest thing you can ever do. For people like me who put the entire world ahead of themselves its a conscious battle you have with yourself everyday. But in the end when you see result you know its worth it.

The out come of this is fantastic:

1. You are kinder to yourself.
2. You have more confidence in yourself.
3. You eliminate all the bad energy from your existing life; because now you finally can.
4. You can take on anything thrown at you.
5. You understand people for who they are and are capable of giving them what they need because you are secure in yourself.
6. You can plan your life better, keeping others in mind.
7. You have your values in place. You have your set ideals which are not compressible and some that are.

The list goes on and on, but like everything else in our lives its hard work. We often confuse hard work and restrict it only to our professional lives not realising that the biggest project you have ever taken on is YOURSELF.

Invest in yourself Because You are Worth it! And if you don't value yourself don't expect anyone else around you to know your worth.



Like I always say......

Smile, Breath and Go Slowly!

Comments

  1. Very profound... Hope you can follow it... Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xenia, very good thoughts and inspirational too. Keep it up. Ketan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Sweet Moment!

When is it time to Quit

When Your Support System Malfunctions!