I Believe in Me!!!!

Being an entrepreneur in todays world isn't easy. You hear a lot of.... are you sure???? really its only you at the moment??? People look at you with doubt. If you are a girl they think its something she is doing to keep herself busy. Sometimes your closest friends will support you verbally but when it comes down to brass tacks they will slowly shy away….. This could be for various reasons like lack of confidence etc.

But people don't realise that there are people in todays day and age who would like to make something of themselves but cannot submit to status quo. It isn't easy. But there are a few of us out there who believe in making a mark; their mark behind.

I started out quiet recently and I know the journey is far from over. Infact I have just begun. I have the rest of life ahead of me to surge ahead. There is no failing….. Cause I know I will succeed…..

Our "Gen Y" isn't what people pan it out to be. People think that all of us; without exception; have a problem with authority and cannot take point. That isn't quiet true. I know a lot of my friends who thrive in such environments. Sure then you have a 60% of the population who are chronically unhappy with their jobs and chose to just complain about it versus doing something about it. I am referring to the 5% of the population who get claustrophobic in their current environment because they kept on a leach.

I felt exactly like that. I reached a point where in I became depressed, irritable and constantly felt short changed because I was made to do things I did not necessarily agree with. I felt insignificant because I dealt with a boss who thought his word was golden and if you tried to say something opposed to that he would publicly shut down. I gave it my all for a while. But with this happening repeatedly I became demotivated. This started to affect my personal life. I stopped sleeping. I was snapping at everybody. I ate and gained a lot of weight. I stopped taking care of myself.

I felt insignificant. Exactly the opposite to what I wanted to achieve. I took sometime to introspect and I realised something that is true to everyone but we don't say it out aloud. Because we are afraid of what people will think. We have been told to have a work life balance per say. But what people don't realise is that "WHAT WE DO, LITERALLY DEFINES US". You spend 80% of your adult life going to work and gaining experience etc. to become better at something that you like, love and have a passion for. This is something that you have dedicated your life too. So it defines us. It defined me. I felt like a no body.

So I took the plunge and decided to break free. I did and it felt great. My first assignment made me feel more alive than I had in a long time. Cause it was me, all me and no one else. People who cared about me said what you did takes courage. I didn't understand it at the time, until now. Just the other day I was sitting in my room with my dog picturing my life and it had everything a dog, a nice house, a car, vacations abroad, a cute country house etc. and then my friend called telling me that going out on his/her own wasn't a good idea and that he/she is considering going back to a normal job. I asked why and answer stunted me….. Because I don't know if I will be able to do it??? And thats when I realised that the most important thing on this planet was "Self Belief".

I truly believe I will make it. I truly believe I will get everything I want in life. I know failure is not on the cards….. Cause maybe Il fail today…. But I know I will succeed tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sweet Moment!

When is it time to Quit

When Your Support System Malfunctions!